Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jet Pack Dreams for Vi

My friend Vi Paravane kindly commented on my yesterday's post:

How I wish I could ride one of those in SL. Alas, even if LL could do it, my poor old machine would probably choke on it.

But the truth is, amazing things are possible with current game technology. So for Vi, and for anyone else who loves flying lizards, may I present a browser based game, with amazing 3D animation. And, oh by the way, it is absolutely and utterly free. And absurdly beautiful:

JETPACK BRONTOSAURUS!!!!
(well, he's an Aptosaurus. But his name is Brontosaurus, you see. It's in the introduction)






Cute, wonderfully animated, and lots of places to explore with his magical Jet Pack. And, not to hammer at the point too much, all done with fairly low polygon models and heavy use of simple procedural textures.

But enough negativity! Go have fun!

http://blurst.com/jetpack-brontosaurus/play

Edit: if you don't have it, you will need to download the free Unity plug in for this game.

http://unity3d.com/unity-web-player-2.x.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Their only fear would be ... T Rexes in F-14s!