Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pudgy Ponies

Well, I've always been partial to the slim, not scary looking riding horses. But I've had more than a few requests for bigger horses, particularly from the set who wish to ride into battle with the thankfully virtual slings and arrows of outrageous avatars buzzing about their ears.

Well, Mrs. Wind mentioned shire horses, so it was time to dive into the horse books again:



Allow me to emphasize that this is very much a draft draught horsie! As you can see, the textures need a bit of cleaning up, and I have yet to model all the various leg positions. I probably will change the textured eyes into prim eyes to allow for blinking, as well. But I'm pleased enough with it as a start, and at 15 prims, I may sell copies of this for people who don't have the necessary 80 odd prims for the other static horses.

And I have to admit, despite my love for friendly looking dappled greys, despite their size, Shires really do have the sweetest snuzzles :D

4 comments:

Nancy Frye said...

Pudgy?! They're just "big boned". Harrumph. ;-P

Yours etc.,

N Nadir Peterman

Hotspur O'Toole said...

Ohhh an all black Morgan horse, like Rutger Hauer was riding in "LadyHawke". I'm so there.

Nancy Frye said...

I think ole' Rutger was riding a Friesian, if I'm not mistaken. Very sexy. If I get a big wavy wig and "tail extension" for my black quarterhorse, oh, and some furry socks, I think he'll pass.

Virrginia Tombola said...

Oooh...I LOVE that movie. Rutger Hauer was so perfect, really radiated that slightly dangerous passionate aura one would think a real knight would have had. And those eyes...

Um, but we were speaking of the horse, weren't we?

Friesians are now officially on the project list. I've got some very nice images I just found to reference. I think I'm going to try for a muscular look. But first, I need finish the Shire.