Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Upcoming Products, Hurrah!

This is one of those sadly self congratulatory posts, but despite what appearances may seem, I haven't actually been spending ALL my time lounging about making WeGame videos and playing Space Pirate :) I've actually been working on a number of projects which will hopefully see fruition this week.

First things first, if ANYONE is having trouble at all with my old style one prim vendors, please, please let me know. I've been unsuccessfully trying to get my unscripted vendors in Eyre to work, and in one case I know of, money was taken and no product given. The main, larger vendors (the multi items) are working just fine, so that at least was some relief. However, the ones that relied on the prim setting of "Sell contents" have completely "borked".

Needless to say, I will be getting rid of the old vendors and replacing them with Hippotech Vendors, which rely on an offline server to dispense products, and thus are about as reliable as anything in SL ever is. I tried to update them today, but I'm on the road and a hotel connexion combined with my rodent powered little laptop moved me into redmap zone. It is the first thing on my list of "to dos" tomorrow.

Now for happier news. I've made a few more horses. The Nightmare that was featured in the below video is now for sale, and I've also made a sidesaddle version of same. The sidesaddle is not in a vendor yet (see earlier paragraph :/), but if you'd like one, do give me a shout.

I also created my first Cheval Verite flexible maned horses, the English and Sidesaddle Greys with Black stockings. I rather like them, shaggy little beasts that they are. I had to fiddle a bit with the manes to get them to both look realistic and provide flex. I've never been that satisfied with the look of the flex manes of Second Life horses (I include my old line here, lest you think I am fling stones!). They're all well and good for a "fantasy" look, but looked out of place on photorealistic sculpts. So for these, I made the manes more unruly than the other horses, and used a mix of regular and flexi prims. the overall effect makes them look in need of a good grooming, but I think it works with Greys.

I am also completely reworking the centaurs. Based on inputs from customers, I'm releasing these as a "right click/wear" avatar. In other words, the shapes, skins, hair and animations are tailored for that avatar. I don't mind fiddling, but I've discovered that the average customer out there is uninterested in fussing with prim modification. For those of you who DO enjoy that sort of thing, rest assured that these will be full mod, so you can freely alter your favourite shape to be the human half, tint the centaur body, wear another skin, etc.

The new centaurs are based on the sculpted roan body (with some significant modifications :)), but if they become popular, I'll probably release them in other colours as well. They also will include a centaur Dual Rider, which will allow for friends to ride their centaur friend.

I've also got some rather exciting news regarding the CURRENT horses (or rather, the upcoming updates for them). But that shall need wait for the next missive.....

No comments: