Monday, November 24, 2008

Sleigh Rides

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh


Well, as those of you who experienced the Great Sleigh Infestation in Caledon Eyre might know, the last few days have had me busy as the Dickens (/rimshot) making sleighs for the Holidays. I do apologize to those whose houses were overrun on Friday with the replicating Touring Sleighs!

I've made two types of sleighs. The first is the Victorian, two horse sleigh which uses the same vehicle engine that I made for the Royal Carriages. Most of the animations remain the same, but thanks to Jaeger M. Szondi, it also makes snow :) And instead of a wheel sound, it has the obligatory jingle bells.



The other sleigh is not quite ready for sale yet (mostly, I need to make it more user friendly). It's a Touring Sleigh, which automatically will wend its way about a prearranged course. It can be set to be either permanent or temp-rez, the latter meaning it doesn't take require more prim space than the one prim rezzer! Still, I kept the prims fairly low by using sculpted animation for the horse's legs.



I actually extremely proud of this one, so if you wish to assuage my vanity, please drop by the Carriage House and touch the picture of the sleigh. It will rez a sleigh which will then take you on a guided tour of Eyre and Regency. I hope to expand that and have it range its way from Kittiwick to Penzance with time (I'm trying to provide service in the trainless sections of Caledon). When the snows melt, I plan to turn it back to Hansom cabs.

No comments: