Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogging, blogging

Well, I shouldn't want everyone to think that the only reason I am now writing is simply because Second Life is currently being updated. Well, there might be some truth to that, but really I suddenly realized I had not said "Hullo" in a while. So.

HULLO!

Now that that is out of the way, let us catch up! When we last saw our heroine, she had just put down exhorbitant sums of Linden cash in order to secure a rather large plot in the upcoming Eyre sim.....

Oh wait, there was a bit where we did a massive photoshoot before then for the movie machima. Must preserve temporal linearity in this sort of writing, so let's back two weekend ago to all of us lined up for a takeoff to do damage to the Forces That Threaten Us And Our Neo-Victorian Way of Life:


Photo Credit: Miss Violet Schnable

The shot actually went as smoothly as can be expected. The ornis got a bit touchy when in close proximity to each other, and the wings would sometimes continue to flap about after being told to shut down. Perhaps they were just excitable :) I know I was!(geeky scripter moment here: I suspect that even keyed to the owner, all those listen calls on the open chat channel were interfering a bit with each other)

But like all movie moments, I've discovered it is a grand thing to make a full pot of tea and have a few biscuits and whatnot laying about for the long stretch. This certainly proved to be the case in the dramatic blimp scene.

Very simple. We had a flight of three ornithopers, led by Sir Edward Pearse with Miss Frequency Picnic and myself in trail. We were to dive from our High Guard perch and whizz past our adoring fellow Caledonians who would cheer us from the blimps (oh, such a wonderful ego warming bit to have in the script!)



Simply head to the Burton Patent Steam Powered Jet Blimp. It wasn't hard to miss.



Well. I shan't enumerate all the technical difficulties. Let us just say, there were many. A good three hours worth, I'd say. But that is movie making, and we DID finally get the footage I am told is necessary. And the best part was afterwards having the freedom to fly whereabouts I liked, turning a few loops about the assembled blimps.



"Showoff", I believe, was the phrase I heard escaping laconically from Director Hotspur O'Toole's lips. Well, yes. But given a chance to sport about centre stage, who can blame one for a bit of prima donna indulgence? The cameras were not on then, besides. At least, I certainly hope they weren't!

Then it was back to Tanglewood for a few fond goodbyes as I turned it over to my dear friend, Miss Terry Lightfoot. The beanstalk was the creation of my partner in crime...er, business, Dr. Jules Whittlesea, and I am more than glad that Miss Lightfoot has decided to keep it.




In fact, I toured it again last night, and I am happy to say that despite the loss of the ocean to the north of Tanglewood, the mermaid pond remains, along with my favourite duckies, bridge and the lovely lily pads on which to sit and chat. There has been more than a few times when I just needed a moment to think, and concentrating on that breathing in and out thingee we do. As odd as it might sound, going a bit fishy for a half hour and lying in the grotto was so tremendously calming. And it is such a wonderful place to hang about with friends.

I might be turning over the keys to Tanglewood, but I think I will still be spending quite a bit of time there. It is so lovely for horse riding, besides :) (OH THAT! Well, this post is long enough, but I will soon tell the story of Miss Tombola, Equestrienne and now...horse breeder!)

No comments: